- This event has passed.
Maha Shiva Ratri
February 24, 2017 @ 9:30 pm - February 25, 2017 @ 12:00 am
Free program for the entire family
Come bath the Lord and be blessed!!
What to do during the day:
Try to wake up early before sunrise, clean your altar, light the lamp and offer flowers to the Lord, try to eat minimal (fast completely if you can, otherwise drink/eat just milk, water & bananas (fruits) only during meal times). Refrain from unnecessary talk (try to maintain Silence) throughout the day till midnight, contemplate on the Lord’s name or a verse from the scriptures. Shiva Ratri is the most auspicious day and Lord’s grace is at the highest. Try to gain as much of that Grace through the above practices.
9.30pm: Pooja (includes Bathing of the Lord, all can participate)
10.30pm: Bhajan offering
11.00pm: Chanting offering
11.30pm: Guided Meditation by Swamiji
12.00am: Vedic Arati
12.15am: Maha Shivaratri Prasad
Note: If its too late for your children then you can bring them on 26th February to celebrate Shiva Ratri:
1) 10.00am to 11.30am: Chinmaya Sannidhi in Castle Hill or
2) 2.15pm to 3.30pm: 21, Orlando Cres, Voyager Point 2172. at
What to bring:
You are most welcome to bring your own Shiva lingams, milk, fruits for the worship. Everyone can do Abhishek (Bath) the Lord.
1) Be Mukhya Yajman ($251)
Be the one to do the pooja for Lord Shiva on this special night and gain great blessings for your family.
Contact Sanjeev Kapur 0419 289 895 or Dr Jana on 9659 2614
2) Bring a dish of Prasad (anna dhaanam – food offering)
contact Uma Jana on (02) 9659 2614
3) Sing Bhajans for the Lord, contact Pushpa 0475 995 207 or Sadhana 0414638763. Note: You need to be on the list to sing.
4) if bringing Flowers, Please wash your flowers and bring.