- This event has passed.
Guru Poornima Festival
July 5, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 pm
Chinmaya Mission Australia (Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra) invites you to celebrate
VYASA / GURU
“Remembering and being Grateful to the Guru”
Join us on Chinmaya Sydney Channel YouTube to share your gratitude and love for your Guru and Guru Parampara.
Sunday 5th July
10.00 AM to 11.30 AM (NSW, QLD, ACT)
9.30 AM to 11.00 AM (SA)
10.00AM: Vyasa Puja (in rememberance of all our Gurus)
11.15AM: Arati & Pushpanjali & Offerings to your Guru
Why Celebrate Vyasa/Guru Poornima?
The Poornima (Full Moon) Day in the month of Ashadha (July-August) is known as “Vyasa Purnima or Guru Poornima”.
This is a very sacred day on which special worship is performed to the Gurus, who, through their Infinite Compassion and Supreme Grace, have imparted the Knowledge of the Absolute (Brahma Vidya) through a long and continuous line of Acharyas (Guru Parampara) to all the Seekers of the Self. Also to show gratitude to all those teachers who have made us who we are till today.
Among the Gurus, Sri Veda Vyasa stands the foremost and on this day, special pujas are offered to Vyasa Maharishi. He codified the Vedas into four divisions [1131 Sakhas or Recensions divided into Rig (21 sakhas), Yajur (101 sakhas), Sama (1000 sakhas) and Atharvana Veda (9 sakhas)]; wrote the Brahma Sutras (555 Sutras or Aphorisms integrating the messages of the Upanishads relating to Jiva, the Universe and Brahman); wrote 18 Maha Puranas. He had witnessed and narrated the various incidents of the Mahabharata (with Ganapati as the writer) which contains the crown jewel of our Dharma, the Bhagavad Gita. Sage Vyasa is also believed to be a Chiranjeevin Deathless).
Among the Modern Gurus, H.H. Swami Chinmayanandaji stands out as the giver of Bhagavad Geeta and Upanishads to the world in English and provided a beautiful framework for all age groups to gain the ancient wisdom which Veda Vyasa Rishi started.
How can you offer your Love
1) Be Mukhya Yajman (Sponsor) for Pooja. Who is a Yajman, on behalf of his/her family plus the rest of the devotees gathered, this person will do the pooja guided by Swamiji.
Contact Nandu on 0408 445 941
2) Perform Pooja from home as Swamiji guides us. What do I need to do for the pooja, click link to get information. See below.
What do you need to participate in the Pooja from home?
1. Guru Pooja Simple requirements – Click to Download
2. 108 Names of Veda Vyasa Rishi & All Mantras required for Pooja – Click to Download
3) Share your gratitude and love for your Guru through offering your Guru Dakshina or any other offerings to your Guru who has like a mother, father, friend, sibling been there to guide us.
For further details contact Rajkumar & Sudha on 0420 959163