- This event has passed.
Annual Family Weekend Retreat with Swami Shrikarananda (Sydney)
December 3, 2016 @ 8:00 am - December 4, 2016 @ 5:00 pm
Spend 2 days with Swami Shrikaranandaji (Swamiji) at the Chinmaya Mission Annual Family Retreat!
This is where inquiring Adults, Youth & Teenagers alike will explore the following questions:
- What is the purpose of spirituality?
- Do I need to be spiritual to be happy and peaceful?
- Am I a spiritual person?
- Can a spiritual person live a normal life?
- Do I need to give up everything to be spiritual?
- Can I be successful in the world if I am spiritual?
- What practical techniques are available for me?
- All of the above (and many more!) will be answered!
While the Children will learn about Goddess Durga Devi, Mother of the Universe, we will explore and discuss who the Divine Mother is, how She has helped and will help us, and many special stories and teachings about her. As part of these sessions, we will learn tips and tools and how to deal with life in a positive, productive and joyful way.
This is a weekend just for you, your family and friends, to spend in reflection and work on your own peace and happiness.
The daily program includes the following: Morning & evening prayers, bhajans, stories, study of scriptures, workshops, nature walks, games, videos, yoga, meditation, discussions and exciting group activities.
We will also serve delicious vegetarian food and snacks.
The family retreat will bond families together with love, happiness and harmony. Not only will all family members growth together, but each will learn about themselves and each other in a safe and nurturing environment. It is a wonderful opportunity to be in association with like-minded seekers and develop life-long friendships.
At the Retreat
- All classes and activities for adults, teenagers and children are with Swamiji
- You will have opportunities to clear your questions
- Food and accommodation will be provided
- your own bed sheet, doona, or sleeping bag
- a notebook and pen
- running shoes & cap (outdoor activity)
- Children: your own coloured pencils and texts in a labelled pencil case
Registration and payment
- Please fill the registration details and pay online in the section below OR
- Please fill the registration & payment form (in the attached flyer) and email to email@example.com or post to Chinmaya Family Camp, 38 Carrington Rd, Castle Hill NSW 2154
- You will receive an email from us – please read carefully so that no important information is missed!
- All Children (under 18 years old) must be accompanied by parent / guardian.
- Early Bird Prices (Closing Date: 20th November, 2016) : $325 (Family of 4), $255 (Family of 3), $180 (Family of 2), $95 (Single)
- Normal Prices : $350 (Family of 4), $275 (Family of 3), $195 (Family of 2), $105 (Single)
Please note that no refund will be given after 1st November
5 people are attending Annual Family Weekend Retreat with Swami Shrikarananda (Sydney)